Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/groundhogs-predict-early-spring/article1891326/


Call me crazy, but I don't really get Groundhog Day! I was listening to a preschool teacher at work try to explain it to her 3 year olds, and I thought to myself: no wonder they don't get it; I don't even get it!!! What I don't understand is:

1. Is there an actual groundhog who comes up?
2. Does he come up on the same day EVERY year? That seems a little unrealistic for a little critter.
3. Just because he can or cannot see his shadow doesn't mean the WEATHER will change?!

I mean, think about it logically for a minute here people...weird, right? I did some research and couldn't really find much to answer my above questions. However, I did find out we will have an early spring this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment