Monday, February 7, 2011

S is for Stuffing

Tonight I tried a new recipe for dinner. Heidi, you will majorly appreciate this: I found it on the back of a box of Stove Top stuffing! Heidi & I used to make a box of Stove Top stuff after school and eat it straight from the bowl we made it in - classic for us. This recipe is called "The New Classic Casserole" & it wasn't too bad actually. It was nothing fancy or amazing, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. I thought it would be me, my dad, my mom, Jen & Mitch all home for dinner so I made a big casserole dish of this recipe as well as some potatoes. Then, my mom calls and tells us she is working overtime, then Mitch calls and says its his Nana's birthday and Jen & him are going out for dinner! So, I slaved over a hot stove for just my dad and I to enjoy dinner...I digress, I digress! Back to the recipe: it's basically just meat and/or vegetables (I did chicken, cauliflower & red peppers) with cheese sauce, stuffing on top and then baked.

http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/the-new-classic-casserole-87560.aspx

The casserole - easy to make, decently yummy.

Seasoned potatoes
 My favorite TV show is Outsourced right now - they sure know how to make me laugh!

My friends on "Outsourced"
 Alas, I am left to study again against the coziness of my fireplace. I have a midterm tomorrow...wish me luck...


4 comments:

  1. Good Luck!
    PS. the casserole looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm!! what more could you want, cheese, stuffing, potatoes. yes please.
    GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! quelle heure?
    h. (i can't sign in at work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. next time that happens just give me a phone call and id be happy to come on over with you and your dad for dinner :)hahahah That look scrumptious!

    - hamster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - it was pretty yummy! Next Monday I think I will make something a little more challenging for dinner. Or just something more interesting at least. Ham, maybe I'll give ya a dingle if my fam ditches me again?!

    My midterm is at 4 pm...ahhh...I've studied my ass off for it and I STILL feel like I won't do very well :(

    ReplyDelete