Sunday, November 13, 2011

let the good times roll.

Today was such a chillaxin' day! I love having minimal homework and no work to do - sleeping in, lounging in my pjs and being lazy is SO nice compared to my usual go-go-go lifestyle. Riley dog and I hung out and watched some TV during the day and then we invited Pants and Lil sis over for dinner. I found a recipe I wanted to try from Pintrest - Moroccan Carrots - so I made them, garlic potatoes, broccoli with cheese, chicken and some other veggies. It was very delicious if I do say so myself!

Riley cuddling me while we do some computer-ing

I HIGHLY recommend these Moroccan Carrots - they have a sweet, garlicky, tangy and salty flavor and I love anything that includes cilantro in it. Here is the recipe & some images, of course, of how it turned out :)

Moroccan Carrots

25 small carrots, stems removed
1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
1/2 c chopped walnuts (I used soy nuts instead as it was the only nut in the house - still worked for a crunch!)
1 T olive oil
1 T honey
juice of 1 large orange (I used orange juice not the actual juice of an orange)
juice of 1/2 lemon (again I used lemon juice not the juice of a lemon)
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 t harissa paste (I didn't use!)
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t paprika
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400F. Arrange carrots in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet. Transfer to oven and roast, 35-45 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile make dressing by combining all other ingredients, mixing well, in a small bowl. Set aside at room temperature.Transfer warm carrots to a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing, turning to coat well. Let sit at least 15 minutes, to marinate. Sprinkle with cilantro and walnuts before serving.

http://www.fresh365online.com/recipes/2010/9/13/moroccan-carrots.html



1 comment:

  1. looks delicious! And I'm glad to hear the omission of harissa paste didn't seem to matter :)

    ReplyDelete