Thursday, December 15, 2011

Article

An article from The Globe and Mail this morning entitled "Financial Resolutions That You Can Keep" caught my eye - being amazingly money saavy is not a strength of mine, so I like to read all these types of articles. I really liked this particular one because it basically said that your 20's are a time to figure out what your needs are and what your plan is to save money, not necessarily save oodles & oodles of it. Granted, I work a full time job and should probably be saving more than I actually, however...

An excerpt I enjoyed was: "The reality is that most people in their 20s won’t save much, and will likely end up scraping together just enough money to kick start their goals in their 30s, like saving enough money for a down payment on a house or condo, according to Jason Abbott, a certified financial planner and president of Wealth Designs in Toronto. Mr. Abbott also thinks that this decade should be about financial education."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/personal-finance/angela-self/financial-resolutions-that-you-can-keep/article2271427/page1/

No comments:

Post a Comment