Thursday, March 29, 2012

7 habits.

For a leadership class I am in, we are currently reading & discussing Stephen Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" and I am really enjoying it! I don't always love having to read books like this for school because it somewhat takes the enjoyment out of them for me, but I am trying to have a positive attitude toward it and read it as if I were reading it for fun.

Thus far, we have covered the first 3 habits and they are: (I tried to also sum them up VERY briefly!)

1. Be proactive. This is “about taking responsibility for your life”. It is accepting your own accountability and not putting blame on others.

2. Beginning with the end in mind. This habit is aimed to teach people to come up with their own personal mission statement, and to concentrate on the final results by creating goals and ways to achieve those goals. 

3. Put first things first. This habit continues on with the personal mission statement, but spends more time focusing on what fits in individually. It is more focused on personal management; how to schedule your priorities and needs to accomplish your set goals. 

I definitely recommend this book as a knowledge reader - something that definitely makes you think about your life and the type of person you are. I really enjoy reading things that make me challenge what I do on a daily basis and who I am. 

3 comments:

  1. oooo i can borrow when you're done?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course!! It's super interesting. We can discuss after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shan this is a great book... I love that you get to read it for school!! "I really enjoy reading things that make me challenge what I do on a daily basis and who I am." - LOVE THIS!! This is what I mean when I say you are intentional about what you do... you motivate me to be better too! :)

      Delete