Wednesday, May 2, 2012

bruschetta.

Who doesn't love a classic bruschetta recipe?! (it is underlining bruschetta in red as if I am misspelling it...but it doesn't give me any corrections?? I think that's right!!)

I have made it lots before, so this is a combination of a bunch of recipes plus my own two cents:

- Several types of ripe tomatoes; cherry or roma are excellent choices. NOTE: drain the juice/water out of them first or else you end up with very watery bruschetta!!
- Olive oil
- Red onion, finely chopped
- Feta cheese
- Parsley (I was heavy on the parsley)
- Lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Garlic, chopped or grated (I didn't have any last night sadly)
- A little basil

I served mine with sour dough French bread that I put a little olive oil on and baked to make them just a tad crispy.

Voila!


1 comment:

  1. Shan this bruschetta looks amazing!! It was bruschetta and fresh salsa that made me like tomatoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete