I found this article via a tweet from a class that I am in currently (@HRMT4125 - Organizational Development) and it is entitled "6 Habits of True Strategic Thinkers". I think it's interesting because not only can strategic thinking skills be applied to a work setting, but also to a variety of aspects in personal lives. The 6 habits are below, with my brief description of them, but it's an article from Inc. worth reading here.
1. Anticipate: consistently scan the horizon
2. Think critically: question & challenge everything
3. Interpret: do not settle for ambiguity
4. Decide: frame decisions to actually settle problems
5. Align: it is hard to please everyone, but ensure you foster open dialogue & build trust
6. Learn: get honest feedback; embrace positive encounters and learn from negative ones