Saturday, June 23, 2012

the party sandwich.


I read this adorable article via The Globe and Mail  entitled "My love affair with the party sandwich" and immediately I felt connected to it. That sounds silly, but when you hear "party sandwich", you immediately think tuna, egg, ham on crustless, white bread sandwiches and family events. Am I right or am I right?!

I still don't know that I understood the purpose of the article, but it just really talked about the traditional party sandwich and how it is so universal: we serve them at baby showers, funerals, after church get-togethers, teas, parties and so much more. And, people really just like the regular types! Nothing fancy schmancy, just a good, classic sandwich.

My favorite is egg on whole wheat. What is YOUR favorite type of party sandwich?




2 comments:

  1. I think of party sandwiches as the LBD (little black dress) of the food world. Equally at home at funerals and wedding showers, they always seem right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOTALLY the little black dress of the food world - love it! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete