Wednesday, June 20, 2012

thinks i'd like to cook this summer

I haven't been cooking much lately for a variety of reasons: school, work, surgery etc. but I'd like to have a few goals to make this summer, perhaps somewhere with a lovely lake view and I will invite my friends & fam over! 

1. Potato Gnocchi. I have never eaten gnocchi in my life, but it seems fairly easy to make and it seems like it's something that everyone in my family would like! (which is a difficult task...) PS - a sauce is still TBD for this, as are other things to be served with it.

2. Falafel! Being vegetarian, I adore falafel. For those of you who don't know, it's a chick pea patty flavored with garlic, cilantro and other spices. JC made some a few months ago and it was SO good. Can be used in a pita type shell (as see below), in salad or on their own.

3. Sweet potato fries. A classic restaurant side these days; I would love to try making these myself! My friend Shilo made them herself years ago and they were absolutely amazing. I remember her saying she used organic yams and coconut oil so that is what I would like to do. If I can make them taste half as good as hers, I'd be in business! 

No comments:

Post a Comment