Sunday, July 15, 2012

beliefs of successful people

Doing some research on wellness programs in the workplace for school, I came across this article on Inc. They always have really interesting, easy to read business articles that I definitely recommend. This one I really enjoyed, entitled "9 Beliefs of Remarkably Successful People." I have outlined them below, but have a read!

1. Time doesn't fill me. I fill time.
2. The people around me are the people I chose.
3. I have never paid my dues.
4. Experience is irrelevant. Accomplishments are everything.
5. Failure is something I accomplish; it doesn't just happen to me.
6. Volunteers always win.
7. As long as I'm paid well, it's all good.
8. People who pay me always have the right to tell me what to do.
9. The extra mile is a vast, unpopulated wasteland.

There you have it folks, 9 easy steps to be successful! I like a lot of them because they are positive and relate to working hard and choosing your choices in life. I especially like #5 - this means not having a "woe is me" attitude and taking responsibility for your actions. I like this article because it is not only workplace relevant.

Happy reading! Do YOU believe in these?!

Oh, and check out this article for 7 habits of extraordinary teams!

No comments:

Post a Comment