- vegetables: any that you want! We used onions, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms and red pepper.
- lots of garlic
- tofu (use extra firm if you want solid chunks; we used medium so that it got a bit squishy and crumbly)
- black bean sauce (hoison would probably be really yummy too)
- crunchy onions to top it off (you buy them in the salad toppers section, where croutons are I think!)
- of course, I topped mine off with a little hot sauce
Then put all this in crisp iceberg lettuce and voila! So delicious. And so versatile - you could use chicken or beef, or just vegetables or put noodles in.
We must warn you...these are not date food material! They are a little on the watery side and quite messy... check out my hands in the last photo...! Best to eat in the comfort of your own home. Oh and the yam wedges are just chopped up yam with seasoning salt & garlic on them. I also like yams baked with just a hint of maple syrup.
|crunchy iceberg lettuce|
|our wrap filler|
|et voila! lettuce wraps & yam wedges|
|eww...can you see the sauce dripping down my hands?!|