Saturday, August 25, 2012

Have you ever been go-karting? It's so much fun! Yesterday, we went as a staff event and all had a blast. It's such an odd activity - driving 15 kilometer's an hour around a track...I guess it feels a lot faster when you are so close to the ground?!

Today, lil' sis and I made a yum-tastic dinner ALL from scratch. We are house sitting in Langley at a friend's sisters house so we chilled with our buddies Buster & Benji and made spanakopita, tzatziki, (we used Greek plain yogurt), a  quinoa dish with fresh basil & cilantro and a green salad. We were quite the cookers tonight! We actually put chick peas in the spanakopita because we were low on spinach (it boils down to so little!!) and it tasted really good! Just more of a texture difference than a taste difference.

It's Melissa's wedding tomorrow which I am very excited about. Let's hope for nice weather! If you'd like play by play updates...follow me on Twitter...probably a likely way to see some photos of the beautiful bride and such! 

Some photos...

the gang


it was such a pretty evening



Tzatziki!

Quinoa

Salad



3 comments:

  1. Hey Shan, guess what? I just made tzatziki (with my homemade yogurt) with the same recipe :) It turned pretty out good. I'm making a greek style dinner tomorrow for a couple friends. It's a little harder here because it's difficult to find certain ingredients.

    Your dinner looked WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shan, guess what? I just made tzatziki (with my homemade yogurt) with the same recipe :) It turned pretty out good. I'm making a greek style dinner tomorrow for a couple friends. It's a little harder here because it's difficult to find certain ingredients.

    Your dinner looked WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, did you make it the tzatziki because you saw my recipe or you just happened to find the same one?! Either way - glad it turned out! It's yummy hey?! Let me know how your Greek dinner turns out...maybe you could blog about it?! (your guys' blog hasn't been updated in a while...your readers want to keep reading about your adventure!!)
      xo

      Delete