Monday, September 3, 2012

chicken cordon bleu

I started following this new recipe blog I found, by Joanne Ozug, called Fifteen Spatulas. It's such a great blog!! She had fantastic photos, videos and explains everything in such great detail and tells you WHY to do certain things, which I appreciate learning.

So tonight, I decided to try her chicken cordon bleu recipe. Surprisingly, it is not very hard to make and mine turned out quite well!! I used a different type of bread crumbs than she did, and used swiss cheese (she recommended swiss or gruyere) but other than that I followed her recipe to the tee. It really was quite easy, besides the grocery part that included finding chicken cutlets at Price Smart! I had to convince my brother to pound out some regular fresh chicken breasts for me since that grossed me out a little. Then you just add the ham, then cheese and roll it all up. Then roll the whole thing in flour, egg then breading and bake for 30 minutes!

I don't eat chicken so I didn't try it, but my mom, dad and brother said it was quite good. My mom said she liked it much better than the frozen kind. I think these were a hit with the whole family, which is challenging to do since everyone always wants something completely different!!! I served this chicken cordon bleu with fettuccine alfredo, steamed broccoli and caeser salad. Voila!



PS - I'd really like to try some other recipes of hers, including fresh spring rolls, grilled artichoke pesto zucchini bites, homemade mozzarella sticks, and crispetty cauliflower!

1 comment: