Monday, September 3, 2012

heist

Have you heard about the latest troubles in the world?! 10 million pounds of maple syrup, worth $30 million, was found missing from a warehouse in Quebec last week, according to the Globe & Mail.

I was practically in tears from laughter while reading this article a few days ago. I was trying to read it out loud to my family and could barely get a sentence out without a giggle. It's not that I don't take a theft of such volume and dollar value seriously, it's just that they speak so seriously of maple syrup. My favorite quote was: “We still have enough maple syrup. There will be no shortage." ...as if maple syrup was some sort of rare commodity in the world?!


PS - there was also a potato theft last week, worth about $3,000, in Richmond, B.C....

No comments:

Post a Comment