Wednesday, September 26, 2012

thinning hair.

Oh, the joys of getting older. My most recent complaint is that I am losing hair like there is no tomorrow. I seriously have about 19 strands left on my head. Naturally, I did some googling & reading on this site and discovered it is normal to lose 100-150 hairs per day - doesn't that sound like a lot? Oh, and don't remind me about grey hairs either.  Lame!!

So,  what causes hair loss/thinning, you ask? Well: age (being in your thirties or forties), stress, nutritional changes, hormonal changes, thyroid problems and iron deficiency. Looking at this list, I probably have ALL of them. Well, no hormonal changes, but the rest yes!! And I'm only a few years shy of being 30. Yikes.

Several people have told me that Nioxin is a good hair thickening shampoo and conditioner for me to try so I may need to start on that. I may as well try to see if it works!

Wouldn't you kill for thick, gorgeous hair like this???

No comments:

Post a Comment