Sunday, October 21, 2012

Yesterday...

...was my last day at the Tong Louie Family YMCA in Surrey! How bizarre is that? I have worked at the that place for over 10 years. What if I go on auto-pilot tomorrow morning and just end up there again instead of the Langara YMCA in Vancouver?! That would be wild.

It's an odd transition, because I am still working for the same company. So, I still have the same email address, know a lot of the people there already and know what the YMCA is about, its history and whatnot. I am excited to meet new people, learn new things and expand my employment horizons. I am just sad that all the people I love aren't coming with me. I am also sad that I won't know everything off by heart - right now I know everything inside & out and at Langara, I definitely won't. Oh well, it's a learning curve.

Last night all of my lovely co-workers planned a dinner (at Ashiana, an Indian restaurant in Surrey) and then a Mirage trip. It was lots of fun & so many people came!! Thank you to everyone who came and made sure we had a yummy, fun, fantastic time. I better continue to be invited to Tong Louie parties & events!!

My sibs & Jessica

Amanda & I

4 comments:

  1. aw so sweet of them! your hair looks really cool- what did you do? i can't figure out what looks different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welllll....it's the didn't have time to wash it look. So I just pinned it all up...it wasn't gorgeous but it worked! haha

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Shannon! Lookin' good :) Hope your first day went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Liza... you missed a good Mirage night ;)

      Delete