Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I have been feeling extremely under the weather the past few days & went to the doctor this morning. Turns out I have bronchitis; and he said it looks like it's on the path to becoming pneumonia. Lovely. So, I am on antibiotics. And resting. But it sucks when you're sick because life, school and work don't go on hold when you're sick!! Can we change that please??  

Did you know I am going away on November 23?! I am soooo excited and soooo looking forward to it! A bunch of us girls are going on a Caribbean cruise! Plus, we are going to Miami two nights prior to the cruise and staying in South Beach. I am very much looking forward to experiencing new cities with all their culture, food, people, and mostly SUN! The cruise we are on goes to the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Grand Turks. It seriously cannot get here soon enough, but there is so much to do before that: write the biggest project of my life that will get my a degree (hopefully!), learn all the million new things that come along with a new job, recover from bronchitis/potential pneumonia, have a social life, sleep, eat, etc... I know that doesn't sound like a lot and it really isn't in the scheme of things. Maybe I'm just tired!!

Grand Turks port of call
How about that election hey?! I think we all knew Obama would win, let's face it! I always surprise myself at how interested I am in the American Presidential election compared to the Canadian Prime Minister election... it makes me a little sad for our patriotism & for my own knowledge. I blame it on media. Speaking of, check out all the tweets about #Election2012.  There are some pretty funny ones!! Did you know I saw Obama speak in Portland, Oregon in 2008? My friend Min dragged me with her at 4 am one day to make the drive down there since she's a die hard fan and I am kind of glad I went now for the experience.

This was us in the looooong wait. Us and the trillion other people there!

President Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment