Thursday, December 27, 2012

bucket list update

I thought I'd revisit my good ol' bucket list since I have a few updates on it! Not many, but I mean, who are we kidding...I went a little buckwild on my bucket list. A yacht? Not happening any time soon!! 
  1. Write a novel.
  2. Go to Bard on the Beach.
  3. Go kayaking more frequently.
  4. Own a horse.
  5. Be fluent in French.
  6. Own an expensive, gorgeous area rug.
  7. Become a rescue scuba diver.
  8. Go white water rafting, again
  9. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
  10. Join a Toastmasters group and do public speaking.
  11. Own a nice camera and learn to take pictures properly.
  12. Make wine.
  13. Take cooking classes.
  14. Read: Anna Karina & the rest of the books on my book shelf that I haven't read yet.
  15. Be a Big Sister.
  16. Donate blood as often as I am eligible to.
  17. Own a yacht.
  18. Learn more about wine.
  19. Understand the stock market.
  20. Trade stocks.
  21. Start a blog.(completed!)
  22. Swim with sharks.
  23. Have a pond in my yard.
  24. Have a library in my home, complete with a big comfy chair to read in.
  25. Have a beautiful patio to entertain guests on in the summer.
  26. Be able to wear a bikini comfortably.
  27. Learn to like and appreciate olives.(completed! I LOVE eating green olives on their own and I even specifically order black olives on my Subway sandwich.)
  28. Have a broader, more intelligent vocabulary.
  29. Send my parents on an extravagant vacation.
  30. Plant a garden and actually take care of it properly so that I can eat the vegetables.
  31. Invite my siblings over for dinner at LEAST once every two weeks.
  32. Call a head office of somewhere I got/always get fantastic service at just to let them know.
  33. Encourage 5 other people to write bucket lists.(completed! Lindsay, Amanda, Lil' Sis, Hayley and...hmm...I swear there was 5 at some point?? Whatever - I'm checking this off anyways!)
  34. See Ellens show live.
  35. Have babies with a man who loves me to death, & raise them to be generous and kind-hearted.
  36. Travel to India.
  37. Own a coordinated towel collection.
  38. Keep “book club” alive forever.
  39. Create my own recipe.
  40. Do my own oil changes.
  41. Have my grandchildren sleep over on weekends frequently.
  42. Be debt free.
  43. Own a home.
  44. Achieve my BBA in HR. (COMPLETED AS OF DECEMBER 2012!!!!)
  45. Own a big dog.
  46. Do the polar bear swim.
  47. Recycle whenever possible.
  48. Have a workout routine I stick with for a long time.
  49. Attend a rave.
So, I have completed 4 of 49 which is 8%. So much more to go but I feel like now that school is done, I will totally start reading more and doing other things that are working towards completing items on this list. Some are also quite a long ways down the road...but it's fun to have something to work towards and look forward to in life!

I can't do the polar bear swim this year since I have a wedding to attend on New Years Day, but maybe next year. I love the idea of a December 31st wedding, which I've blogged about before, but a January 1st wedding will be a first for me. You know me and weddings, such a sucker for them!

PS - start your stock pickings for 2013! RBC's top picks for 2013

1 comment: