Saturday, February 2, 2013

what should i do with my life?

I saw the movie Zero Dark Thirty last night and it was really, really good! It was so intense and so interesting to learn a bit more about given that the al-Qaeda attacks were obviously a huge piece of history. I would recommend this movie for sure. There is another movie out right now that I'm not sure if it was in theaters or not, but my brother watched it and said there was a lot more detail and it seemed more real than Zero Dark Thirty. I can't remember the title of it for the life of me right now, but I want to watch it now!

Anyways, the whole time I was so fascinated by the jobs that these people in the movie have working for the CIA. How cool would it be to work for the CIA?! It just got me thinking about what I want to do with my life. I've never truly had something that career-wise I've wanted to do that is realistic. I mean, I'd love to be a lawyer, but I don't think I have the grades nor the time nor the motivation for it at this point!

My mom lovingly bought me a book called What Should I Do With My Life? by Po Bronson a few years after I graduated high school and it's quite interesting. It explores the thought of adding meaning to your life through doing something that you love. Don't get me wrong, I like what I do at work and love the organization I work for, but now that I am not in school, I seriously feel like I am not very productive in general and that I don't have anything fulfilling in my life. I could take more courses, but for what? What can I work towards that is meaningful and fulfilling?! I did apply for a volunteer position for the CIBC Run For the Cure as the Communications & Promotions Coordinator which I am excited about; I have a phone interview on Monday. I'll keep you posted on it!

On a funny note, check out these odd jobs that I would have never thought existed!

This weekend, I am hangin' out with my buddies Benji & Buster this weekend house/dog sitting in Langley. They are pretty darn cute.

Benji

Buster

No comments:

Post a Comment