Friday, March 22, 2013

books on my shelf.

I currently have a stack of books on my bedside table that are my list of "read soon" books. All of them I have such an interest in so why on earth can't I bring myself to read them?! I used to LOVE reading every single night before bed (and any other time I could read) but now I for some reason don't want to read. What is wrong with me?! HELP!

Here are the books I have really, really good intentions of reading soon:

From top to bottom:

1. Sweet Valley High Confidential - the "ten years later" of Sweet Valley that I am about 3/4 completed. (just a little guilty pleasure to remind me of the good ol' high school days!)

2. The Guide to PCOS - a syndrome that I am trying to learn more about so I bought a book.

3. Outliers - a Malcolm Gladwell book about success given to me upon completion of my "practicum" at school from an instructor.

4. Onward - the Starbucks book that I am also about 3/4 completed...and have been 3/4 completed for about a year....whoops!

5. Talent Masters - a required reading from school that I am about half way done; in various chunks. I read some random parts for a paper I was writing and do want to read it from start to finish!

6. Moloka'i - my mom gave me this book and again, I am about 1/2 way through and I actually do want to know what what happens! (again, so why can't I bring myself to continue reading it??!) It's about a girl who gets leprosy in Hawaii in the 1890's and her & her family's struggle with it.

7. The ROI of Human Capital - another required reading for school that I have only read random parts of....

8. Retooling HR - yet another required reading for school that I read random parts of! (sorry Duane...)

9. Confessions of a Wedding Planner - my daddio bought me this book since I am slightly wedding-obsessed...

So, seriously friends - where should I start? I need a strategic plan here. Start with all of the ones I am already partially completed and then go from there? I think that's a good way to go at this. Any other suggestions? Why aren't I in love with reading right now like I used to be?!

PS - I am really sad that my iPhone camera isn't working well these days. I think there must be a scratch on the lens because all of the photos get a slightly blurry corner. You can see in the book photo above that the bottom of the photo is blurry... I am bummed. I take so many photos on my phone!! :( 

PPS - Pants & I made fish tacos for dinner last night! (again, see how the photo is blurry in the corner??)

4 comments:

  1. 1. what if you remove them from your bedside so it doesn't look so intimidating and just pick one that you are 3/4 of the way through? for me anyway, if something seems too big...i'll avoid it.
    2. iphone not working ? it looks like instagram...you're right on track ;)
    3. pizza dough is raising...again...i'll make you a pizza to read with your book.
    4. happy birthday week!!!!!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very good point...it might be a bit intimidating that I have the giant pile...hm. I'll have to work on it!!

      xo

      Delete
  2. Sweet Valley Confidential...what a ridiculous book!!! I LOVED it!!! You HAVE to read the e series, it's even worse!!

    I would be interested to know what you learn about PCOS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it really was a ridiculous book...!!! But so entertaining ;)

      I will definitely share what I learn about PCOS! Sadly I don't think I will be reading it next. I've told myself I have to finish all of the books that I've already started before I begin any more... :( If you want to borrow it when I'm done let me know!!

      Delete