Thursday, March 14, 2013

perogies

I made homemade perogies yesterday with this recipe I found online. I knew they were a lot of work, but holy moly, making dough for anything is never a walk in the park, especially when you don't own a rolling pin and have to improvise... but they turned out quite yummy & were totally similar to the perogies you would buy frozen. Of course, I also fried some onions to go with them.

Next time, I would add some more spice or flavor to the potato and cheese filling as it could have used a bit more. Or,  I might try adding spinach or cottage cheese. You could also add bacon or sausage if you eat meat which would definitely give more flavor. I feel like you could get creative with the filling!

The recipe said it made 12 - 15 perogies so I tripled it and ended up with a LOT of pergoies of decent size. I was scared they were going to be baby sized perogies and only make ten with the recipe so I figured more was better, which worked well since we had leftovers. You could also make them and freeze them!

7 comments:

  1. Way to go! They look great. PS Gary was reading your blog. He never reads other people's blogs. I think it was because the title of the post was about food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! They were a lot of work!! haha I love that he read the post...food is a good way to get readers attention I guess ;)

      Delete
  2. They look delicious! I'm craving perogies now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious! I'm craving perogies now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look delicious! I'm craving perogies now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious! I'm craving perogies now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious! I'm craving perogies now ;)

    ReplyDelete