Sunday, April 21, 2013

I went to visit baby Kalan & his parents on Friday. He is growing so much and is way too adorable for his own good right now!! We snuggled lots and it was lovely. Baby snuggles seriously make the world go 'round. Sigh. Love him!

Kalan

Momma 'Liza

Kalan & I

Lindsay & I went to a Zumba class on Friday night as our friend recently started teaching them. Have you ever done Zumba?! It is one of the most fun workouts I have ever done!! (not that I am a workout pro, but ya know, I've tried 'em all!) I've done Zumba a handful of times at the Y over the years and would love to start going to them more regularly. You seriously don't even feel like you are exercising; you just feel like you are having a sweaty, loud, fun dance party! We really, really enjoyed ourselves and our friend, Stephanie, was a great instructor. Lindsay & I then went to Mongolie Grill for dinner as a healthy, vegetable-intensive alternative to our usual Red Robin burger & fries :)

Ain't this the truth!!
Little sister was back in the hospital yesterday. She seriously has been through the ringer in this odd sickness she has! They did a fourth test for mono yesterday and it was positive after three negative tests, so I guess that is the diagnosis now. She seems to be a teensy bit perkier which is good! She looks slightly like a drug addict currently because of all the IV insertion marks in her arms! The nurses can never find her veins so that's a challenge, plus she has gotten blood taken or had IV's in about 10 times in the past two weeks. Poor kiddo!

I went to the Vaisakhi parade yesterday with Jessica & her mom. It's always so fascinating to me as there are so many people (Surrey's is typically the largest parade in the world outside of India!) and there are dancers, singers, the parade with floats and the best part: more Indian food than you could ever imagine. I ate: saag (my absolute favorite), chana masala, pakoras, samosas, aloo tikkis, paneer pakoras, and a few sweets. The sweets are a little TOO sweet for me though so I didn't have many - I do really like gajarala though! It does get insanely packed with people who start getting a little pushy & shove-y which is frustrating; but inevitable I guess with the sheer volume of people there. Always a fun cultural experience!!!

Just one of my many plates of food...

Jessica & I
JC comes home from another cruise stint today - yay! She was only gone for a month this time but regardless, it's always fun when she is back in town.  I get to see her tonight, hooray!

Have a good week everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Shannon for coming out. It's always nice to are you :)

    Glad to hear Jenn finally found out what was wrong with her. Now I hope she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon for coming out. It's always nice to are you :)

    Glad to hear Jenn finally found out what was wrong with her. Now I hope she has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete