Thursday, April 25, 2013

some updates

It makes me sad when I can't blog for a few days!! I mean, I don't have thaaaat much to say, but I kinda of feel the way about blogging as one would about a diary: it's a bit of an outlet and means of expression. I feel like I am heard, even if no one reads this!! (ironic perhaps?)

I've mentioned that my sister has been sick lately & on Monday, after a 4th visit to the emergency room, she was admitted to Surrey Memorial. She was (and still is!) a bit of a medical mystery since she has a wide variety of symptoms and test results. The most likely diagnosis is mono, and then from that she got a whole slew of infections and issues from it - strep throat, bladder infection, lymph node infections, and an inflamed spleen and liver. She's on morphine, antibiotics and steroids currently via IV and has been getting a bit better...slowly. She was very out of it Monday & yesterday; and today finally had a bit of color in the face, a teensy bit more energy and sounded a little less like Kermit the Frog. She has been in the hospital for 3 nights now, and we are hoping she can come home tomorrow if she improves a bit more overnight. She still won't be 100%, but she will hopefully be on the mend and at least able to be at home. Nurse Mom has the "day shift" and hangs out with little sister from 9 am until 6 or 7 pm; then Nurse Shannon has the evening shift and goes after work around 5:30/6 and stays until she falls asleep around 11 pm. Dad & Pants come usually at some point in there; and today she had lots of visitors which was exciting! Thanks to everyone who came to visit & keep us company.  Love ya lil' sis!! Hopefully you will be back to normal in no time now - I don't know how many more crazy next-door-neighbors we can handle in this unit!! haha ;)

In other news, I have started a new job!! I told myself originally I didn't really want to blog about work, just because I wanted to keep this fun and personal, but I think I did end up talking about work a bit over the years... I just thought I would tell y'all about my NEW and exciting job since it's just a little factoid of my life; but I will elaborate on this when it's not almost one a.m. and I am exhausted after working and then doing my "nurse" shift! (hehehe) More on the job front at a later date...

Some midweek inspiration from my friend Brenden

No comments:

Post a Comment