Sunday, April 28, 2013

teensy, tiny hotel rooms

I have previously blogged about tiny living spaces, including the inception of micro-suites for purchase in Surrey, illegal micro-apartments in Hong Kong and America's smallest apartment.

Now, I have come across an article on the world's smallest hotel rooms. Known as capsule hotels, these spaces are literally an enclosed bed that your body fits into. They almost look like a bunch of  enclosed bunk beds in some images! Where some are in airports and meant for business travels, other are simply being used as a cheap alternative for sleeping accommodations for travelers. The article is super interesting (and has lots of photos!) as prices vary insanely from location to location. Some include TV's and wifi, others are simply a bed.

I really don't think I could stay in this for more than a few hour nap, if that. MAYBE I would be convinced if it was under $10 and I was between flights and really in need of a snooze, but I could definitely not call this home for any period of time longer than that.

Would you stay in a sleep capsule?

The things we come up with nowadays for convenience and affordability are insane!!!


2 comments:

  1. I am undertaking a paper on yoga and my points are how it really is advantageous for males,
    women, and children. Are the advantages distinct adequate to obtain a
    superb paper from it or should I modify my factors?
    If you do consider this is a great strategy to lay out my paper,
    what are the different benefits? You should give me some web sites or other resources because no matter
    how I lay it out, my paper has to be about yoga! Thanks!


    Also visit my blog post - tips to attract a woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
    It's on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    Feel free to visit my site :: armitron watches for women

    ReplyDelete