Thursday, April 18, 2013

to-do lists

I have a bunch of lists in the notepad on my phone entitled "to do", "to buy", "to make" etc. These are just 3 of the million notes I have; sometimes I just need to write down random things or keep track of certain things. For this, phones are super convenient and I would be lost without my lists. For the record, I am totally a list person. I make lists at work, at home and for anything possible. I absolutely love the feeling of being able to cross something off a list. It makes me feel so productive!

I have had this "to do" list for a long time, and I FINALLY got some items crossed off of it this week! They were bigger things that were time consuming, hence why I kept putting them off...  Yesterday, I brought my car in to get the brakes checked (they sounded like you were on a jet engine when braking downhill...) and got them replaced. The day before that, I got a spare car key made, a task that had been on the list since I bought my car over a year ago. It didn't come with a spare key for whatever reason, and I figured it's a good thing to have just to be on the safe side! I was extra productive when I got this done because I dropped off my car & key at the Honda dealership and walked to get my eyebrows threaded while I waited. Two birds with one stone right there - TWO things off the list! Did you know a spare keyless entry key is $200?! I just about had a heart attack when I heard that...but it's kinda necessary in the event I lose my one and only key I have! I renewed my car insurance this week, paid a bill I kept forgetting to pay, mailed something I kept forgetting to mail...and voila! My "to do" list got whittled down to just a few small things that don't have a time frame on them. YAY! Do you make to do lists?? Are they ongoing or do you make them and accomplish them all right away?

I made pizza for dinner on Monday and even made my own pizza dough! I'm not much of a baker, as I have mentioned before, because I scared of things with exact measurements. Bread, pizza dough, dough in general is daunting to me for fear that it won't work and I will wind up back at square one of the dinner conundrum. Alas, my pizza dough turned out quite well as it was fresh & light. I used a Bobby Flay recipe and it was pretty simple which was nice. Since I had the time, I made 5 separate pizzas and each member of my family got to choose their toppings. I am far too good to them hey?!

Dough pre-toppings & being cooked (I wasn't too concerned about the shape of them!)

My pizza with my toppings of choice: onions, mushrooms, red peppers, corn, broccoli, basil & artichokes.

4/5 pizzas...

...and the last pizza! My brothers, of course, with all the cheese...

Have you heard about the new super small condos in Surrey? I can't decide on how I feel about them. On one hand, I feel like they are super practical for someone who doesn't make a lot of money and also doesn't spend a lot of time at home. However, if you plan to have people over a lot and spend quality time in your home, you may drive yourself crazy in 297 square feet...thoughts??

And a few more interesting things for you, my friends...

Babies who will rule the world one day

A funny male parody of the newest Dove campaign video!

The rise & fall of the gourmet cupcake business

Is Ross Gellar the worst F.R.I.E.N.D?!

The 27 most impressive Harvard business school students (I seriously don't even understand what some of these people do it's so complicated & 'big picture'!!)

We'd love for you to come to the Run, Walk & Roll on Sunday, June 2!  (a major fundraiser for the Center for Child Development that I am on the committee for)

3 comments:

  1. those pizzas look sooo yum! nice work on the dough! I think pizza tastes better the weirder the shape :) the condo's seem expensive to me ($/sq.ft)...a really expensive hotel room. plus the amount of $$ it would cost to make it efficiently run (murphy bed, built ins etc...) those are my thoughts. maybe better suited in yaletown where you wouldn't need a car and the city is your playground? hmm not sure about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy!! I enjoy a homemade pizza - I was trying to remember all the fun toppings you did that time but couldn't think of them. Darn!

      And that's a very good point in terms of $/square foot - didn't think of that!

      Awww banana chips....love them!! I actually had a dream about Timberline the other day; maybe it was after this comment! haha

      xo

      Delete
  2. ps. i'm eating banana chips right now. can't help but think about 'the old days'

    ReplyDelete