Sunday, May 5, 2013

hello mr. weekend!

At the risk of sounding like everyone else in Vancouver right now, this weather has been fantastic this weekend! I think I am going to wash my car today. It needs it, plus I could use some sun on this white skin of mine...

My adorable lil' sister was in her friend Elissa's wedding party yesterday. It was a gorgeous day for the wedding, thankfully, and my sister appears to have held up all day considering her improving illnesses. I am SO excited to see pictures of the whole day from GC Photography!

This is my newest facewash that I really enjoy. Plus, I find myself reading the little message on it and get quite inspired! Take a read.

MY WHALE FRIEND IS HOME!!!! (JC) She normally travels the world via working on a cruise ship, but she recently got back from her own exploration adventure in Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands, Columbia and some other cool places. She is only home for a short time before she ventures off to Hawaaii with her fam, and then likely starts another cruise ship contract after that. This is us bombarding little sister in her room while she was attempting to study...

On Friday, my friend Lisa had a PartyLite AND Epicure party - double whammy! This is me multi-tasking: snuggling Kalan and drinking some wine. I had to keep busy so I didn't spend a million dollars on candles and spices...! Plus, Kalan snuggles are pretty darn great. (I did really like these bakers though; they'd be perfect for dips. I do think I would get use out of them?!)

Janessa and I hangin' out

Janessa was looking through Amanda's photos on her phone and it got pretty late...she fell asleep like this! Pretty cute.

I am housesitting as of yesterday and this isn't the best picture, but this is the master bedroom view of the ocean! It's about two blocks up from another place I've housesat before. Love this neighborhood! I have two kitties, a dog, and a fish here for two weeks. They're all pretty cute - pictures to follow!

Amanda & I went shopping to Alderwood Mall in Seattle yesterday and rewarded our long day of walking with dinner at PF Chang's. (These were our lettuce wraps - to die for.) I needed some casual work attire and ended up buying a few good things that I am excited to wear to work! My favorites are this cardigan and these flats. (both from H&M)

My fortune read: "An unexpected visitor will bring you good blessings." Hmm....I am intrigued!!

And now, a few things for you to read! (If you are not spending this gorgeous day outside)

A celebrity crush I TOTALLY agree with

How to create genius cheese pairings 

Article: Success depends on finding the best version of yourself 

5 business etiquette rules to follow these days

A Cup of Jo's fun things around the web 

Fun food art (fun for kids AND adults! The veggie face is pretty realistic looking...and pretty creepy...)

A comic: The secret lives of chefs

Lastly, a VERY interesting article on a new Canadian dating website for inmates 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy to find this web site. I want to to thank you for your time just for this wonderful read!! I definitely really liked every part of it and I have you saved to fav to look at new information on your site.

    My page :: where to buy hydrolyze intensive

    ReplyDelete