Sunday, May 26, 2013

warning: photo-less post

What did you get up to this weekend? I went to my brother's hockey game on Friday, and they won 2 -1. On Saturday, I went to my aunt's house with my siblings. My uncle looked at my brother's truck headlights, while us gals gabbed. Then my brother, sister, and I went to a barbeque at a friends last night. It's always nice when it's nice weather out just to sit outside and hang. My sister & I were on a beer pong team and totally beat a bunch of boys. We were pretty darn proud of ourselves! I really enjoy that my siblings and I all have so many mutual friends. It's kinda like we have three times the amount of friends! It's great. Plus, my brother and sister themselves are pretty darn cool.

This morning, I went to church with my friend Amanda and her parents. I haven't been to church in a very, very long, so it was good. Without getting into too much detail and beginning a whole theological outburst, I didn't stop going to church because I didn't like it or because I had anything against it. Honestly (and sadly), I stopped because life got hectic. Sundays became days for sleeping in a bit, doing homework, going to baby showers, running a million errands, etc. I liked going to church today - it brought back so many memories of going when I was younger. I do like going because I feel like it really challenges me mentally. It makes me think about things I don't think about on a regular basis, but probably should. I was slightly bummed this morning because I didn't know any of the songs, but oh well! Maybe next time.

After church, Amanda & I wandered Coquitlam Center for a bit. I've been really into buying some new clothing to wear to work, and H&M has done wonders for that! I didn't realize how different it would be wearing whatever I wanted to work, after wearing a red YMCA polo shirt with black pants every, single, freaking day for ten years. I didn't mind the uniform at the time, but now that I DON'T have a uniform, it's very freeing! I bought a long skirt today that I am super excited to wear. Not sure what I will wear it with yet....but I'm excited nonetheless! Plus, it's so, so comfy.

Guess what is happening this Thursday - my convocation!! Yay!! I am super disappointed that my friend Harj won't be there, as somehow she didn't get on the list of attendees for the ceremony, even though she applied. I don't totally know what happened but her & I were school buddies for SO long that it will be weird not having her there. But a bunch of other friends from school will be there so it will be fun. I already have my actual piece of paper degree, so this is just the formal ceremony for it. Don't you worry, there will be photographic evidence to follow!

This song came into my head today for some reason. I loved them! And this song too. Oh and you HAVE to listen to this new song. It makes me want to get up and dance.

Here is to a new week - happy Monday everyone!


PS - did you know that the Cactus Club in English Bay has a concession?! Check out the menu!

PPS - A convincing article of why apostrophes are not necessary & should be removed from the English language. Sign me up!

5 comments:

  1. hootie + slurpees = heidi and shannon's teenager yrs (for me anyway...)
    also LOVE the skirt. i might need to copy you! it looks like a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should copy me! it is the COMFIEST skirt ever!!! I am excited to wear it...it just needs to stop raining....!! I miss hootie...

      Delete
  2. No uniform is defnitely challenging. The one plus I see is that you dont have to wonder what to wear, the decision is made. I miss school uniforms. I have to spend a fortune on clothes now for the boys rather than have them wear a uniform to school and save their other clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good point!! Buying clothing & stocking my closet is getting expensive...and to what end do you stop buying?! (especially for children who keep growing...i just keep wanting...)

      Delete
  3. No uniform is defnitely challenging. The one plus I see is that you dont have to wonder what to wear, the decision is made. I miss school uniforms. I have to spend a fortune on clothes now for the boys rather than have them wear a uniform to school and save their other clothes!

    ReplyDelete