Saturday, June 22, 2013

sleep

We all know I love my sleep, but haven't been able to sleep in lately. But today I accidentally slept until 1:15 pm!! I did wake up for about an hour around 8:30 am, and just laid in bed and caught up on my overnight social media, and then fell back asleep thinking I'd only sleep until 10:30ish. I was shocked when I woke up and looked at the clock!! I did go to sleep around 3am, but still...1:15 pm?! I must have been a tired girl!!

I signed up for an online course through Coursera today. Have you heard of it? Any interesting thoughts or experiences on it? I really have no idea what it will be like, but it is a public speaking course and it's 10 weeks in length. It says it's 3 -5 hours of work each week. I am somewhat excited for this, however I feel like if I want to take courses I'd much rather take courses that could result in some sort of credential or certification. I may do my CHRP at some point, or look into something else...not sure what?!

As much work as school is, and as much stress, I really, really love learning and feeling like I am doing something with my life. I'm not sure how else to fulfill that feeling without taking more courses? Or getting a second job that is super challenging? I'm not sure what is missing in my need to fell rounded.

I was watching Eat Street today, and saw a perogy truck. They make a dessert perogy: carrot cake perogies!! Wild!!

My car didn't start yesterday morning before work. That was special. I haven't been late yet for the job I've only been working at for a few months, and it was so stressful! It totally wasn't a big deal but I just felt bad. Turns out my car battery had died. I ended up getting a ride to work from Raj and then he got me a new battery and installed it as well. It's a good deal having friends who are good with cars, and willing to help. Then my brother picked me up from work. Such an ordeal!!

I had to hook up the battery charger all by myself! I surprisingly didn't get electrocuted.

I saw Hangover 3 last night - and laughed my ass off! Of course, it does feel a little overdone at the point of the third movie, but it's still quite entertaining. And seriously, Alan is way too funny. I laughed out loud for the first 2/3 of the movie. The last 1/3 got a little slow, but decently funny still. Oh! And I saw it at the Hollywood 3 cinemas, ya know? The cheap one on 72 & 138 in Surrey? It's only $5 per person I believe (maybe not even?) AND if you bring your movie stubs to Boston Pizza after, you get 2 for 1 appies. Good deal!! It made for an all around cheap evening.

Pants and I are going to make dinner this eve. He requested homemade chicken cordon bleu & ricearoni. Classy hey? I will probably also make some grilled veggies of some sort. That's my big plan for my Saturday night. What about you? Do you have wilder plans than me? Do share!!


No comments:

Post a Comment