Monday, July 29, 2013

happy monday

Happy Monday everyone! How was your weekend? What'd you do? You know how sometimes if you just hang out at home all weekend it doesn't really feel like you really left work? I really like when I actually DO things and it truly feels like I had a weekend. I think summer makes it a lot easier to do that, now that I think about it!

On Friday, Dave & I had a bunch of friends over to "our" house. I am houesitting for his sister and he lives downstairs. It was super fun! We sat on the back deck, had some drinks, and just chatted and laughed all night. I love being able to sit outside and enjoy the night.

On Saturday, Dave, my brother and I went for breakfast at the Roadhouse, and as usual, it was ah-maze-ing. Best breakfast around. Later on, I went for thai for dinner and to the drive in movies. Mmmm I love a good green thai curry with basil in it. And, how fun is the drive in?! I remember going all the time in high school, when the drive in was on Fraser Highway in Langley, and now it's still on Fraser Highway; just waaaay out there in Abbotsford. It feels like such an adventure being there!! We watched the first movie in lawn chairs outside of the car cuddled up in blankets, but then it got too cold so we watched the second movie in the car. There were 3 movies playing in total, but the third one wasn't starting until almost 3 am!! Way past my bedtime. We saw The Heat and Wolverine. The Heat was so so so funny; but Wolverine was really not my style.

On Sunday, I did some errands, including washing my car, cleaning, laundry; you know, usual Sunday things! Then I baked some cookies. I haven't made cookies in ages!! Baking is soooo not up my alley. I can do it and I don't mind it, but I would MUCH rather cook.

And here we are; on to Monday! Anyone going to the fireworks this week?!

They were just a chocolate chip cookie recipe but I put m&m's in instead of chocolate chip cookies. I like colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment