Saturday, October 12, 2013

a biking stagette

A friend of mine that I used to work with at the YMCA, Jalene, is getting married in Hawaii next month, and her stagette was last weekend. The plan was to bike the seawall and stop for some drinks along the way. I was a little apprehensive since I haven't been on a bicycle since, uh, a long time ago! I was also a little apprehensive for biking in October due to weather...

It turns out that the whole day was super fun and SUCH a unique idea for a stagette!! We had brunch at Hurricane Grill in Yaletown and then rented bikes. It was a gorgeous day for a bike day! We rode to a few pubs along English bay, and then to Second Beach in Stanley Park. We ended up at The Parlour back in Yaletown around 6 pm for dinner, which meant our biking adventure lasted about 4 hours. My bum was a little sore at the end considering I haven't biked in a long time!! We had so much fun. After dinner, we went home around 10 pm. It was kinda fun that we didn't go out to a bar or club like you typically would for a stagette. I thought this whole idea was awesome!

Amanda & I wore our helmets for a bit...we are so cool.


A little cloudy, but perfect bike riding weather!

LOOK! I'm on a BICYCLE!



One of the many non-optional shots we had!

Amanda, the bride, and me. Isn't she pretty?!?

Amanda's pizza from Parlour - it had a fried egg on it!

My pizza - ahi tuna on it!! It was so delicious. I would go back just for this pizza.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!! Enjoy your turkey dinners :)

1 comment:

  1. i love your 'look i'm on a bike' photo/outfit!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete