Tuesday, January 21, 2014

thankful tuesday

I am overly thankful for this life that I have and all the people in it. Here are a few things I am thankful for lately: 

1. Blogs. In general. They are an expression of your personality. I love, love, love reading about peoples lives. I love human nature. Just today, I saw this this quiz on A Cup of Jo. It is very American, however it's pretty funny. It tells you where you "are from" based on how you speak. Apparently I speak as if I from California...

2. This face wash. It's great and makes your face feel very clean and refreshed after. Plus, when your boyfriend unexpectedly buys you more when you're almost out of it, well, that's pretty great too. 

3. Two EE's market. I love going to places where vegetables are fresh, mostly locally grown, and normally priced, as opposed to buying a red pepper for $4 elsewhere. I also like that they are a small business and that I am supporting them as opposed to Price Smart. Two EE's also sells lots of other things other than vegetables and fruit. They have spices, bread, juice, sour cream, and a bunch of other things you wouldn't expect! Quite convenient. I also really like Bob's Country Farm Market but they are closed for the season right now.

4. Netflix. There is just so much content I never know where to start! Tonight I have settled on Crazy, Stupid Love.

5. Nachos. Heidi, Lindsay and I get together at least once per month to chat and eat nachos. I don't even know how that started, but I can't even  begin to tell you the number of pans of nachos we have lovingly oven-baked over the past few years. They are so delicious. And cheesy. And come with amazingly girly conversation. (Well, sometimes the boys are invited...just sometimes.) Nachos are happening tomorrow and my tummy is VERY excited for them.

9 comments:

  1. I also love two ee's! grew up with my mom shopping there too even though it wasn't in our neighbourhood. Nacho nights sound lovely, Gary and I used to make them often when we were dating. Love your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much for commenting so often. It makes me very, very happy!

      I seriously cannot get over how much cheaper buying fruit and veggies at Two EE's is than Price Smart! (or other grocery stores) I love comparing prices. I also love that you can spend $15 there and buy enough vegetables to sink a ship!!

      Delete
  2. Finally all caught up on your blog. Yay! Just took the quiz I'm Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for catching up Liza. I will have to try to blog more often to give you some reading material in Taiwan ;)

      I thought I would be Seattle too, or at least something a bit closer to here!! Strange. Seattle makes sense for you!

      Delete
  3. Hey!!! Still love your blog after three amazing years! Keep up the amazing work! :) - Ham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAM! Yay! I am so glad you are still reading. It makes me exciting knowing I have such faithful readers who have been there since the beginning ;)

      Alsoooo....do you see a Ham blog part 2 in your future at all....?!?!

      Delete
  4. I just did a Shannon Blog sesh...I feel like I needed some Shan time and boom! although in person would be lovelier...SUNDAY! I see you Sunday! I need to take that quiz... one sec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma...predictable.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha yes, kinda predicatable. But a fun quiz nonetheless?! Not sure how I ended up with California....??! #BeachBabe

      Delete