Wednesday, April 23, 2014

our new home

I am VERY excited to tell you that Edwin & I bought a home!

It is a townhouse in Fleetwood, very close to our favorite grocery store - Two EE's. My favorite part of it is the brick exterior. It really makes for a very home-y feeling! We don't move in until the end of June, but that is okay with us as it gives us some time to buy furniture, plan, etc.



I'm very excited to have a beautiful, granite coutertop kitchen with cupboards galore. I'm excited to have tons of spices in a cupboard that is specifically for spices and cook big family dinners there. I'm also excited for the above photo - double sinks in our master ensuite! (a girl's dream!) I'm looking forward to our first Christmas tree as well. (we already planned a location for it)

It's definitely been a learning process so far - this home ownership thing. We have learned a LOT in this process and I am sure will continue to learn a lot as we go. Also, it will be an adventure for Edwin and I together to choose furniture for the house - how would I have known he wouldn't like a grey couch?!

There will be many more photos to come once we move in at the end of June. I'm sure there will be many stories as well! I am looking forward to creating our new home very, very much.

7 comments:

  1. How is this the first mention of BUYING A HOME?!!! Wow, congratulations. I am also a huuuuge fan of brick. It's going to be so fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! We are super duper excited about it. And I know, it does appear as quite a shock on my dear blog...and it sounds cliche...but it all happened so fast!! And I didn't want to get excited and post about it and then it not work out. Furnishing is great fun!!! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations second daughter!
    We are very excited for you and Edwin. We are sure in no time,
    your new house will be a warm home full of Love and Laughter.
    Rumour has it a really nice white lamp...... needs a new home.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on buying a house for yourselves! I’m sure you’ve made a lot of changes to make it your very own, and I would love to see what else you have planned for it in the future. Anyway, I hope you’re still as excited as you were before about making some fond memories with your loved ones. Cheers!

    Veronica Perry @ First Fairway Realty

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we bought our new house, I was completely caught off guard about how much maintenance actually goes in to keeping a house running. In addition to all the interior projects, I never imagined I would be cleaning gutters, power washing the deck, weeding and fertilizing the lawn, and maintaining all that yard equipment.

    Rupert @ Gulf Shores Real Estate And Homes

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first thing that we did when we got our new house was rip up that old carpeting and get some estimates for new carpet. When shopping around, be sure the carpet installers quote you for installation and removal of the old carpet. My installers charged me $400 after the fact and it still has me furious I didn't know earlier.

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete