Monday, May 19, 2014

may long weekend

This weekend I attended a few wedding events for my friend Harj, including her wedding and reception, and my cousin's stagette! It was a party-packed weekend.

Harj and I met at Kwantlen, and we immediately hit if off as buddies in the homework and studying department. I really wasn't at school to make new friends, but she was the one person from school whom I knew I would be friends with for a long time. She is one of the nicest people in the whole world, and is now married to Sunny, who treats her like gold. They are truly great together! Plus, her family is awesome.

What did you get up to this weekend? Did anyone go to the rodeo? Last year for the May long weekend, I did PLUS I went camping in the snow. Crazy. Who camps in the snow?! (let alone CAMPS!)
 
  
Harj's ladies party before her wedding. My sari was a new one that I hadn't worn before - I really like it! It has little gold polka dots all over it.
Harj's whole family taking part in the mayain ceremony

My cousin Gina is getting married on May 31 - this was her stagette on Saturday night at Cactus Club in Yaletown! I think we look a lot alike in this photo actually - you can definitely tell we are related right?

Harj's wedding ceremony at the temple. I loved the peach color she was wearing.


Edwin & I at Harj's wedding reception last night in Bellingham. Her husband is from Bellingham and receptions are typically held where the groom is from; whereas weddings are held where the bride is from.

Harj & I - she looked so beautiful! Her dress was a light gold color, and she wore white flowers in her hair. (they were real flowers I might add!)  Oh how I love Indian jewelry and outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment