Thursday, June 19, 2014

it's true!

Edwin asked me to marry him on Sunday afternoon. I was seriously so surprised! I did not expect it at all. I mean, we had discussed getting married and so yes, I knew it would happen eventually, but not that day.

I could not be happier. I get to spend the rest of my life with someone who makes me incredibly happen all the time and treats me like gold. We get along insanely well, and I cannot imagine my life without him.


This was a selfie I took of us sitting on "our" bench. (Little did I know...)

I love this park (Green Timbers).
 He asked me to marry him at the same park we went to on our first date, AND on the same bench. I was the one being all sappy about how it was one year ago that we sat on that same bench on our first date, and then he pulled a ring box out of his pocket! I cried. I didn't think I'd cry, but I totally did. I was so overwhelmed with happiness that I couldn't help it.

And I of course took a selfie after the fact! I think we both look a little silly in this photo, but I will post it for my dear blog readers only :)

My ring! He did an amazing job picking this all by himself.
I really think I am the luckiest gal in the whole wide world! As expected, people keep asking us when we plan on getting married. Currently, we have a few things coming up in the next month and a half: moving, Edwin's parents coming to visit for 3 weeks from Guatemala, and then little sisters graduation in Regina. So, we are waiting until those things are done and then will start planning. We will definitely keep you posted on future wedding plans!

I think it's safe to say that my thankful Thursday is all of the above. Have a great Thursday everyone!

5 comments:

  1. And I am the luckiest man ever alive for having the privilege of being engaged to such a lovely, beautiful, joyful, and smart girl like you. I love you with all my heart, each day a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOOOO!!!

    Congratulations. My heart is warm with happiness for both of you! Ohhhh please please please post about your wedding plans. daily ;) just kidding. I just love your wedding obsession. its fantastic - and now you get to plan your OWN wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps love yellow gold. love solitaires. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o you two are so sweet!!! i LOVE the 'silly picture' of you! it's perfect! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo!!! Love hearing this and so happy for you two!

    PS Need to explore Green Timbers Park with my kids more.

    ReplyDelete