Wednesday, September 3, 2014

pork roast

If you would have told me two years ago that I'd be cooking a pork roast while waiting for my fiancee to come home from work, I would have called you crazy! Life takes you in such great directions, and this pork roast smells pretty darn good.

On the wedding front, we've started some basics: dates, venues, venues, and more venues. My friend Amanda lovingly sent me this comical video entitled "How to Plan A Wedding: The Brutally Honest Edition." You need to watch it, especially if you have any experience/interest in wedding planning. My favorite part is about the cummerbunds. Watch it.

Edwin & I went to the Surrey Night Market last Saturday. I didn't take any pictures unfortunately, but there wasn't really much to take pictures of besides food. It was definitely not nearly as big as the Richmond Night Market, but we both thought the food was better with more variety. (besides those potato things on a stick, which both had multiple vendors of) The Richmond Night Market has mostly Asian food (noodles, bubble tea, etc.) where the Surrey Night Market had pizza, Indian food, donairs, kebobs, and more. I had some delicious fish pakoras there!

We also threw our first dinner party on Sunday evening at our house! My parents, brother, and grandparents came over and we had salmon, chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, salad, and buns. It was the first time using our beautiful dining room table!

Not the fanciest place settings, and we don't have anything on the walls, but this was our dinner table!

Edwin bought me flowers last week - just because!

This mirror was my grandparents from their house - I love it and we finally put it up this weekend in our room.

Happy Wednesday everyone! Have a great rest of the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment