Wednesday, October 8, 2014

i read a book.

I used to read ALL the time, but I think school threw me for a loop. I didn't have much time to read for fun, and once I stopped reading novels, I kind of lost my reading momentum. Since reading all the books on my bookshelf is a bucket list item, I am excited to work on this!

My beloved bookshelf in its new home.
Recently, Edwin & I have been reading before bed. I enjoy a bit of quiet time before going to sleep. His current read is Dr. Sleep, which is a sequel to The Shining. I just finished The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship. To be totally honest, I don't even know how it wound up on my bookshelf! (if you know, please fill me in!) I am glad it did get on my bookshelf, because I really enjoyed reading it. The book is about 4 girlfriends, and one of them passes away. Right before, she writes each of the other 3 a letter asking them to do something specific that she knew was WAY out of their comfort zone. It is a cute, easy read and a feel-good story. I have to admit, I like a girly easy read every now & then!

While I do have quite a few on my list of to-reads, anyone else have any good book recommendations? Have you finished any books in general lately?

As I mentioned last week, I did something this weekend that I haven't done for a long time: horse back riding!!!

Amanda & I on our horses

This horse had blue eyes - aren't they pretty? Not very common, either!
This was my view the whole time. The ride was actually quite pretty at Buntzen Lake.
I think the company we went on this trail ride was Equu Trails. We actually found them on Groupon, so it was not super expensive to go, which was nice. I really liked that some of their horses are rescue horses! I really like horses, and feel like such a cowgirl when I ride them. It brings me back to my cowgirl days...remember Timberline Ranch?! (I volunteered there as a teenager for several years - we had some great summers there!)

To end off this post, a recipe for zucchini pasta & quinoa-bean meatballs! YUM! I've made spaghetti squash lots in lieu of pasta for spaghetti, but never zucchini. Has anyone tried it?

1 comment: