Sunday, October 19, 2014

wedding update

I thought I'd write a little post on what the latest is with our wedding. (Eeee! It still is so exciting...)

First, we picked a venue! We will be getting married at the Vancouver Golf Club. This is actually where my parents had their wedding reception, as did my Aunty Catherine & Uncle Bruce. My grandpa has been a member there for quite a few years now (let's say 30? 40?! I'm not sure!) and we've been going there for family meals regularly for as long as I can remember. This place has a special family meaning to me and that's what I'm most excited about with getting married here. That being said, it IS very pretty!!

I love the view of the city from here.

Our wedding is on Saturday, September 19, 2015. We had originally wanted it on the first Saturday in September, or the second one, however apparently you have to book your wedding date quite far in advance if you have a particular date in mind. 13 months ahead of time was not sufficient! So, we are totally fine with that date. I've come to terms with if it rains, it rains. Life will go in!

We also have photographers booked, the lovely Gary & Louise from GC Photography. They were both teachers at my high school, and Louise is a fellow blogger! I'm super excited to work with them and plan an engagement session sometime in the new year.

Our wedding party is comprised of my sister as my maid of honor, and my brother as Edwin's best man. We also will have Jack, Heidi's adorable kiddo, as our ring bearer. I am confident that all three will do an amazing job in their roles - Jack is already calling himself a bear.

This ring bearer shirt made me giggle!
I went dress shopping once so far, and it was really, really great to actually try on dresses and find out what I actually like and don't like. I had an appointment at Lisa's Bridal, and did find one dress I quite liked! However, I do want to look around more to continue to find things I like/dislike in a dress and find the perfect one. My momma & I are going shopping in the states this Saturday to check out David's Bridal there. I'll keep you posted!

I've been trying to decide on wedding colors lately, as this will impact invitations, potential chair covers, decorations, my sisters dress colors, flowers, etc. I really love gold, so I want to incorporate some in, but not a tacky amount of gold. I also love coral, but am not 100% decided on that. I do want some sort of bright color incorporated though.

I love the colors of these flowers. I also love hydrangeas.

I love this gold sparkly tablecloth! Maybe not realistic... but so fun.
Besides finding a dress, I don't feel toooo pressured to do anything else very soon. I know there are still lots of things to do, but I think we do still have some time! Ironically enough, on my list of things to do is to make a wedding list of things to do this week. I want to find a super complete list (online, I guess?) to work from and then see exactly what else I "should" be doing at this point prior to the wedding.

So, that's all the latest scoop on the Shedwin wedding! (Uncle Dave, unfortunately, somehow 'Shedwin' has stuck...) If you have any helpful advice, thoughts, opinions, or anything else, please feel free to share - any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. I am really enjoying planning so far, but do know that there is still a lot of work ahead for us to do for this big day. Thinking about our wedding makes me excited every single day!! (and not JUST for the actual wedding, but also because it means I get Edwin as a husband forever!)


2 comments:

  1. Love when couples choose a venue that's sentimental to them! And ya, I'm a fan of hydrangeas too! So happy to be part of your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coral looks so pretty! Is this the color you went with? :)

    ReplyDelete