Tuesday, December 23, 2014

our out of town guest

Our dearest little sister is in town for Christmas! She came in on Sunday morning, and leaves bright and early on Christmas day. Originally, she was only coming here on the 23rd and leaving on the 25th, however her work partner graciously offered to work a few of her shifts for her. That was super duper nice of her, otherwise she would have only been home for about 48 hours!

My mom and her girls
On Sunday, we promptly went to the family favorite Ricky's for breakfast, followed by a visit to see Odie at my parents house. Then, my family came over for dinner at our house and I made my sisters dinner request: pasta with pesto sauce, chicken, veggies, salad, and bread. (oh and apple crisp for dessert - I make it all the time though so it's not too exciting!) We then went to The Taphouse for a drink. (aka the new Mirage!)

Odie the Christmas puppy - this is his first Christmas with us!

The appetizer I made for dinner on Sunday! I saw this idea randomly on Facebook (I think) but didn't actually click on it so I have no idea where it came from. Isn't it adorable?! It's just cheddar & mozzarella cheeses, tomatoes, pepperoni, and rosemary as the "tree branches."

Yesterday, I worked during the day and had a girly evening with Amanda. We went for sushi at a place we'd never been to in New West called Okonomi Sushi where they serve only pink sushi rice. How cool is that?! It is patent pending and apparently it's quite nutritious for you. We then painted our nails gold. (we know, we are pretty fancy! hehehe)



Today, my mom, sister & I went out for lunch with my Aunty Catherine and cousin Kristin to Cactus Club. Keep in mind there are like 6 restaurants in Smithers...that's about it! I think little sister enjoys eating out when she is here!! I then came home and wrapped presents while my brother and sister went to the mall with out me. Apparently they were buying a "Shedwin" gift and I wasn't allowed to go. I still have a few left to wrap, but those gifts aren't home yet! (they are coming home from work with Edwin today...)

I spy some presents that are possibly for Edwin under our tree!
Tomorrow, we are doing all of our Christmas activities. My Grandma and Grandpa are coming over for turkey dinner (which my dad was working on brining today) and we will do presents tomorrow night as Jen's flight leaves at 7 am on Christmas day. Although that's a tad early for me (and likely everyone else in our family), I am so so glad she was able to come home for Christmas!!! It would have been super weird for her not to be here, especially since it is her first Christmas living in good ol' Smithers.

In other festive news around here, Edwin & I went to The Nutcracker  by the Goh Ballet on Saturday night. It was amazing!! I'd never been to a ballet before, but this was so entertaining. Plus, I didn't realize that I surprisingly knew quite a few of the songs from the ballet. (you would recognize them too!) The dancers are incredible, and the music is really enjoyable. It was a great date night - I even wore high heels!


I know these are really not the greatest photos, but this was some ballroom dancing happening!

Classic ballerinas.

The curtain closing.

We had a Spier family Christmas brunch last weekend, with the whole gang minus Jen, Meryl, and Meryl's fiancee Evan.


Lastly, we have what I call Christmas tulips these days. Aren't they fun?! I like them because they are unique & not your typical tulips.


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU & YOUR FAMILY!!!

1 comment: