1. We got our Christmas tree yesterday! I don't know why I was insanely excited, but I was. I must have told Edwin about 80 times during the day how excited I was. It's our first Christmas in this house, so I think just overall that concept to me is very exciting.
We went with my dad to Rona as he was getting a tree too, and that way we could put it on his roof rack. He is also a Christmas tree pro, so that was helpful! Thanks daddio!
2. Heidi & her adorable kiddos. On Thursday, it was Heidi's birthday. Did you know that we've been friends for 25 years?! We met in kindergarten, and on the first day, I went home and told my mom: "I have a new best friend, her name is Heidi, and she has long yellow hair." I'm sure you've heard that store before, but it just still amazes me that it's been so long! Yesterday morning, Lindsay & I babysat our favorite trio of kiddies while Heidi & Tim went for breakfast and to do some Christmas shopping. They are seriously extra adorable. Love you guys!!!
|Jack was reading to Harrison.|
|Julia was all smiles after gulping down her bottle!|
|Somehow, we managed to get a photo with all 5 of us looking at the camera! A 5-some selfie is pretty impressive, I think.|
|Happy birthday Heidi! Let's bring back the Barbie birthdays & fancy party dresses...maybe next year?? xoxo|
|This is us!|
|A trampoline selfie. Note: that is the foam pit behind me. Only jump into this if you want to spend quite some time attempting to get out of it. I had to have some help...|
|This was a fun photo shoot! (also a bit sweaty...)|
4. Work Christmas parties. Mine was last Friday at Eagelquest Golf Club, and Edwin's is this Wednesday at Dockside Restaurant. (I'm excited for some good seafood at that one!)
5. Power outages. Okay, so I know they aren't great, but we try to make the best of it because, well, what else can you do?! We've actually had a few lately. A few were quite brief, but there was a car accident not far from out house two weeks ago and it was out overnight. We put some sweaters on, snuggled, and lit some candles!
6. Food. In general. I made french onion soup a few weeks ago and remembered how much I love it! Highly recommended for this winter season.We are really trying to not eat out as much these days to assist the wedding budget project, so making new things at home is always fun! (my beloved soup was also in the Province Gastropost last weekend - can you spot it?!)
7. My "book club." Remember when we actually used to read books!? Now, we primarily just get together to hang out and have girls nights. We also have 2 relocated members, so its a bit different now! Min lives in Victoria & Kristina lives in Toronto, but we all still keep in touch. We ordered Indian food, and our new plan is every time we hang out, we are going to do a different ethnicity/type of night! There are talks of fondue, Greek, Japanese and much more!
|Left to right: Lisa, Eliza, Keri, me, Amanda|
8. Our family Whatsapp group. I think I've talked about this before, but it's so nice that even though my sister & I don't live at home anymore, we all still talk ALL the time. Probably too much, some could argue! My sister sent this to us a few days ago and I laughed a lot:
9. My friend Christina Wagner. I met her at Kwantlen, and then we actually ended up working together upon graduation. We sat directly beside each other and ate lunch together every day. In October last year, she was diagnosed with lymphoma. She went into the hospital early this year for cancer treatments, and was unfortunately subject to every single complication and side effect one could incur. She passed away last Saturday after a lung surgery complication, at the young age of 26. She will be missed very much!! I'm thankful I got to know her, even for a short time in our lives.
10. Getting to see JC while she was home! She just came back from a 6 month cruise stint, and was only home for 5 days before heading to Arizona for Christmas with her dad. Then, she's off on another 6 month adventure. She will be back in time for our wedding next September though, yay! It's always fun to see her and also hear about her adventures. We made some yellow daal for dinner, in true JC & Shannon fashion!