Sunday, January 4, 2015

into a new year

I think it's safe to say that 2015 is going to be a good year. I turn 30 in March (yikes!!) and marry my man in September. Those are some pretty big life events if you ask me, and I am totally ready to embrace them. Actually, consider them embraced already! (and remind me of that on my birthday please...hehehe)

Christmas was great. My sister was home and we had lots of family time. She's already planning on coming home in February again so that's exciting!! We are going to go dress shopping for her for the wedding. We have a few in mind at David's Bridal for her to try on, like this one (in coral) that we love. 


This is my new lululemon sweater. It's SO comfy and SO warm. I love it!

This may not be its permanent home, but Pants got Edwin & I a wine fridge! We are so fancy now. And I got tons of kitchen stuff: a crock pot, a brie baker, a mortar & pestle, Anchor containers, etc.

As you know, there are always lots of turkey leftovers around now. Turkey paninis with mushroom & wild rice soup. Topped off with Diet Coke, of course.

Every New Years Day, our extended family on my moms side of the family gets together. I love this tradition. What better than to hang out with your family on the first day of a new year?! I brought pinwheels as an appetizer - I seriously think that Edwin could live off of these if need be. No joke. (and they are so easy too: the filling is cream cheese, green chiles, chili powder, green onions, and tomatoes!)

My sister put this on Instagram, so this is just a screen shot I took on my phone, but you get the point! We called her via FaceTime and she talked to the whole family! It was awesome.

Grandpa played pass with Linden for quite some time. Pretty impressive for 90 years old!!

Remember those wonton wrappers I bought a while back? They are still kickin' around! (don't worry, they haven't expired) I used them to make faux samosas this weekend. Who knew wonton wrappers were so versatile?! I used this recipe for the filling, and just put the wonton wrappers in muffin tins, then place the filling in them and bake. The wonton wrappers get quite crunchy on the outside, and definitely aren't as doughy and thick like an actual samosa, but this is a good non-deep fried alternative for sure.

Amanda & I babysit our little buddy Kalan on Saturday night. Poor guy looks a little sleepy here as it's right before we put him to bed for the night.

All our Christmas decorations are down minus the Christmas cards & pointsetta. We also got a new chair for the living room! I love it! It's a blue-grey color and matches the floral pillows on the couches. (which is hard to see in this picture though) It was also from the Sears outlet store on Boxing Day and was majorly on sale.
And that was our holiday season in a nutshell! Back to regular schedules as of tomorrow. I'm making beef stew in my new slow cooker tomorrow... I'll be sure to update you on that! I'm excited. How was your holiday season? Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment