Sunday, February 22, 2015

where does the time go

How is it almost March already? And how do I manage to get so distracted from my dear little blog?! I find myself saying that I want to do more with my time/days, but blogging doesn't usually make the cut for some reason...

On that note, I found a Spanish class I'd like to sign up for! It starts April 9, and runs for 8 weeks with the City of Surrey. I don't think these classes are going to make me an expert Spanish speaker by any means, but any bit will help my poor Spanish vocabulary at this point! Plus, the course is only about $50, which is very cost effective. I am going to start with level 1, but they offer level 2 and 3 as well, so there is room for me to continue my linguistic growth there! I'd love to be good enough to pass all three levels by the time we go to Guatemala after our wedding. Did I tell you all the places we are going yet?? We are going to Guatemala, Belize, Costa Rica, and Panama. I am SO excited; beyond excited actually!

We had overtime authorized this past week at work, so I tried to work quite a bit to help contribute more to our wedding fund! I also have worked a few times as a first aid attendant at some figure skating events in the lower mainland in the past few weeks. I do like being productive and doing more than just my regular 9 - 5 job, because I do have more time in my life to be doing more, whatever "more" may be!

Here are some things I've been up to lately in photos - what have you been up to?

Edwin & I with our birthday buddy, Kalan

When my sister was home a few weeks ago, her & Pants made a cake for their friend Jessica's birthday. This consisted of kit kat bars around the outside, and then layers of ice cream and crushed oreos. Not gonna lie, it was amazing.

A family photo just before my sis flew home. Edwin was in Ottawa this day, so he missed out on the family lunch fun. (long story short, renewing your Guatemalan passport in Vancouver is NOT an easy task!)


I made this falafel crusted chicken with hummus slaw recipe as per a coworkers suggestion - it was really yummy!! I made falafel crusted chicken for Edwin, and just falafel for me. (as you can see, I just used tortillas instead of pitas)


How we spent out Valentines Day :)

A few new things in this photo of the living room: the picture you can see of the White Rock pier in the mirrors reflection, the vases with greenery on the mantle, and the blue/gray accent chair.

I'm sure you all know this, but it's been SO nice out these days!! This was on a Tynehead walk.

I made gumbo. It was good, but not as amazing as I was expecting!! I've never actually had gumbo before...so maybe that was the issue... hahaha (picture shows rice on the side and some parsley & green onion garnish)


Edwin & I went to the Harlem Globetrotters game last week. We bought the tickets on Groupon and thought it would be something entertaining to do - it totally was!!

Have a great week ahead of you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment