Tuesday, April 28, 2015

thankful tuesday


I always have lots to be thankful for in this life of mine. It is nice to stop and actually think about these things once in while! I wish I could do these posts regularly, but as you know, my blogging frequency has decreased lately. (I apologize...)

Since I haven't done a thankfulness post lately, I think I have lots of "bigger" things to be thankful for! I feel like I could probably list tons right now, but I'll stick with the most interesting ones to keep my faithful blog readers interested.


I am thankful for this guy who took transit to work in Kits for 3 years. His most recent commute just to GET to work was a bus, skytrain, and another bus. It took at around 1.5 - 2 hours each way to & from work. Surprisingly, he didn't really complain about it too much! I am thankful that he is such a hard worker. We just got a second car last weekend and now he drives to work! The commute is 50 - 60 minutes each way now! It is a cute, little Chevy Sonic and will be a great commuter car for Edwin.

This was our meal out post-car buying. I am thankful for A&W every now and then, specifically onion rings! I haven't had A&W in a very long time, and this was so worth every bite. Our eating out, due to budget constraints pre-wedding, has been extremely limited so this was $20 very happily spent.

Thankful for friends with great kids! This is Kalan. He left the room for a second and came back wearing Edwin's slippers. This kid is hilarious. I love friend get-togethers & am very thankful for these friends and their kids.

I am thankful for these girls! These are my "book club" girls. Although we haven't read in a book in about...5 years... we still call ourselves that! We all have so much fun together. Now, our latest thing is doing themed dinner nights. This night at our house was Greek night. We've done Mexican, Indian, Japanese (sushi!), German, and now Greek. The next theme dinner is fondue. We are going to have to start getting creative after this....!! (any ideas?! Thai? French?)

Who am I kidding, I'm thankful for food & thankful that I enjoy cooking dinner every night. (my mom always says: "Wait until you've been doing it for 25 years! Then let me know how you like it." This is eggplant parmesean, with basil spaghetti., and chicken parmesean for Edwin.

Do you remember Sharon, Lois, & Bram? Lois died! I'm thankful for this children's show that was very entertaining, and that I still remember the words & actions to Skinnimarink!

I'm thankful that my Spanish classes are really great! I'm feeling that I'm learning a lot from them, and look forward to class each week so far. It is 8 weeks long, 1.5 hours in duration and it was only $50! It is through the City of Surrey and I'm hoping to take the next two levels as well. (assuming I do okay with this one!! haha)

I'm thankful for this little ring bearer of ours, Jack. He came for a sleepover on Friday night!! He went to sleep amazingly, and ate lots of pancakes in the morning. This was on our walk home from the park where we found lots of rocks, teeter tottered, and swung. I think I accidentally taught him a new phrase: "That would be silly!" I guess I say it a lot, and he said it to me about something after our park adventure...too funny.  Kids are such sponges at this age!!

I'm thankful for this mini whisk I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $2. It was the best $2 I've spent in a long time!! I was in need of one for a while, and it has served me very well so far. When making salad dressings in small containers, or mixing flour & water to thicken a sauce, a spoon just does not cut it. I love this mini whisk. Oh, and it's yellow so it matches my kitchen. Bonus!

I'm thankful for this wedding of ours coming up in 5 months!!! We got our invitations two weeks ago, and I started assembling them today. I gave out our first invite today to my parents!! So exciting. (I know, we are a little early on the invite front...oh well!)

I'm thankful for Baby Sales that is on its way & due in June! This was at their baby shower yesterday. I love when my friends have babies!!! This baby boy is going to be majorly adorable. I just know it.

What are you thankful for?

10 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that your book club hasn't read a book together in 5 years :) I may have to steal your idea of making food together. Love that you love to cook. I think I used to....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had good intentions for the longest time to keep reading, but it just fell apart! It turned to constant get-togethers where there was never a mention of reading...hahaha :)

      Delete
    2. PS - thanks for commenting! It makes my day!

      Delete
  2. I think I used to enjoy cooking as well...and reading.. :)

    Try 'local' as one of your themed nights. Hit up those farmers markets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Local!! Great idea!!!! I don't frequent farmers markets too often but I really should. I think I'd love it!

      Delete
    2. PS - Thanks for commenting!!! :) :) :)

      Delete
  3. I still have my Sharon, Lois, and Bram cassette tape...it's actually in our vehicle right now. I would by lying if I said I didn't sing along to every single song haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! That made me giggle!! I love it :)

      Delete
    2. PS - thanks for commenting!! I get SO excited when there is comments :)

      Delete
  4. I try to comment lots, but they seem to be wacky with my google account. Booooo.

    ReplyDelete