It has definitely changed and evolved along the way, but it's still kickin'. I still enjoy having this blog, even though I don't have a super high volume of readers; I find it entertaining for my own interest. It's a bonus that some of you regularly check it out!
Here are some of the most entertaining and memorable posts, in my opinion, in the last five years:
- My very first blog post
- My bucket list (I've accomplished about 6 of them, which makes me think I have to reevaluate this list! A lot of them aren't very time-conscious. I mean, how do I determine when I have achieved "having a broader, more intelligent vocabulary?!" I also should add some things to this list... such as learning Spanish.)
- A super fun family trip to Kauai in December 2010 (there were lots of posts during this trip, I was a very active blogger then!)
- I made chili and corn bread a while back, and the corn bread didn't quite turn out. To this day, I STILL get teased about this from my family. I haven't made corn bread since - seriously!)
- My 'golden' birthday, with a delicious recipe for chocolate cake that I should try again
- There are millions of posts about hanging out with the girls...
- In 2012, I went on an awesome girls trip AND finished school
- In 2013, this is when blogging went downhill, but for very good reasons: my blog & I met a boy, he asked me to marry him, and we got married.
Over the last 5 years, I've posted 828 times. The most posts in a year was 2011, where I posted 350 times. That's almost once per day!! Clearly I was procrastinating during homework hours... wow. I also wrote more frequently but shorter posts; maybe I'll have to go back to that approach sometimes.
Here is to many more years of blogging & internet fun! Happy birthday Shanblog :)