Sunday, March 27, 2016

birthday weekend

31, here I am. It's super convenient to have your birthday fall on a long weekend because an extra day off surrounding your birthday is always fun! I was spoiled by lots of fun outings with friends, family, and Edwin. Before you say it for me, I am fully aware that really all I did was eat this weekend. Go figure! Here is what I got up to.

On Thursday, I went with some girlfriends & my sister out for dinner to My Shanti in South Surrey. My sister was in town for the week for some medical appointments, and although she was not feeling well the whole time, it was still nice to see her. I was so excited to try this restaurant as it was created by Vikram Vij, and lo and behold, he was there chatting with all the guests at the restaurant!

Jen, me, and Eliza. The restaurant is hard to miss if you drive by it: it has a giant sparkly sequin-like wall!

Fish pakora. All the food we had was so delicious! We got a bunch of appetizers to share, and then some main dishes to share, which was awesome so we could all try lots of things.

This is the channa masala. The big puffy bread things are called bhatura, and are like a thin naan with steam in the middle until you break it open. So fun!

Jen, Keri, Amanda, Vikram Vij, me, and Eliza. He was so nice and personable! A fun book club adventure!!

On Friday morning, Edwin & I went for dinner with my family (including my sissy) to the Roadhouse in South Surrey. I had my favorite breakfast burrito, and did not take any photos. Jen headed home back to Smithers after breakfast.

Later on Friday, Aunty Daphne invited the family over to celebrate March birthdays, Easter, and my cousin going away to Germany soon. It was fun, with lots of good food.

This photo was taken on my aunts dock. They have a beautiful view over in Port Moody!
On Saturday, Edwin brought me breakfast in bed, accompanied by a vase of tulips. (my fave) Breakfast was a Tim Hortons breakfast sandwich, hashbrown, and coffee. (Also, Tim's has a new eggs benedict breakfast sandwich! It was okay, but needed more of the sauce.)


Later on Saturday, we went for massages and then did a few errands. That evening, we went to the Boathouse for dinner. We chose to go to the one at Kits beach and wow, was that dinner view ever spectacular!


My drink is the Canadian caeser. A caeser with a prawn and pickles. Delish! Edwin had red wine to accompany his steak. (I had crab stuffed prawns: SO GOOD)
Today, Sunday, Edwin took me for breakfast to Cafe Deux Soleils on Commercial Drive. It is allvegetarian, and totally a hippie restaurant. The food is so good!! I love going there because its so different. Edwin isn't in love with it, for the obvious reason that there is no meat, but he tolerates it once per year for my birthday. (we went last year too)

This evening, we had Easter dinner at my parents house.

This is not the best photo taken on my moms phone, but it is Grandpa, Grandma, Pants, me, Edwin and my dad. We had turkey, potatoes, stuffing; the whole shebang!

Dessert was ice cream birthday cake - my fave!
My parents & brother gave me a spiralizer for my birthday. I've been wanting one for a while but was having trouble finding one! I am mostly excited to make zoodles: noodles made out of zucchini. Tonight, I did a quick test run with a potato.

It works wonderfully! Ribbons on the left, and then small & bigger spirals.
Now, Edwin & I are home trying to catch up on laundry and a few other things around the house. (he just vacuumed - bless his soul. My least favorite household chore.)

On the go this week, I am seeing Heidi & Lindsay on Tuesday, which is always fun. I'm also having sushi with Amanda on Thursday - also always fun! I also see a meal made with zoodles on the horizon this week, and maybe going to the mall with a birthday gift card. What do you have on the go this week?! I hope whatever it is, it is great! Have a great week!

PS - my birthday last year, in 2014, and 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment