Friday, April 22, 2016

how do your gums feel?

I had a gum graft done yesterday, and off work today at home resting. A gum graft is done when gums in some part of your mouth have receded too far, resulting in the roots being exposed. I had to get it done because my front lower gums had been bothering me. Apparently it is genetic, and you can also have it happen after having braces. So, I'll blame both my braces and my dad on this one - he has receding gums too!

I won't get into too much detail as its not the most pleasant procedure, but it involves stitches on my gums. I have some T3's to take and am confined to soft foods for a few days that I will chew veryyyyyy slowly and carefully.

The bad news is that a gum graft is actually 2 parts, with the second part of the procedure being in about 6 weeks, where I'll go through this all again. The good news is that once this is all said & done, my gums won't hurt, which I am excited about!

If I don't move my head or mouth, the pain isn't too bad. It's a good thing I'm home alone today because not talking is a challenging thing for me! If anyone needs me, I'll be here watching the Food Network and trying not to online shop.

Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment