Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Meryl & Evans Wedding

My cousin Meryl got married last week at Kumsheen Rafting Resort in Lytton, BC. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical about it at first, being the non-camper I am, but it turned out to be so awesome and so much fun!

It was a whole weekend event from Friday to Sunday, and Meryl & Evan had booked the whole resort. Everyone was specifically there for their wedding, which made it fun that everyon had the same celebratory purpose. We arrived on Friday early in the evening, and dinner was ready for us. The caeser salad was honestly one of the best I've ever had!

Saturday was the river rafting day. I opted to not go, but my dad & brother both went. I lounged by the pool and worked on my tan; the weather was so beautiful! The ceremony was later in the afternoon, followed by some passed canapes, and a delicious dinner. Then, there were some nice speeches by family, friends, and of course, wedding dancing. (the best part of weddings!)

Another major plus in my books for their wedding: midnight nachos!!! (well, technically 11 pm nachos) I am a big fan of this midnight snack trend. We had pizza at our wedding around 10 pm, and another one of my cousins had sandwiches. I think a snack after dancing for a few hours is well needed! 

My cousin looked beautiful, and she actually wore our Oma's wedding dress. She had some alterations done to it, but I loved the fact that she wore it. This is also the best part about weddings - the personal and sentimental touches that get put into them.

Our cabin

The inside - two double beds with extra blankets. So cute inside!

My brother & dad standing outside my parents teepee. They could see the stars at night!!
The Spier clan (photo by Meryl & Evans photographer)

Congratulations Meryl & Evan - your wedding was perfect and so excellently designed for you! I know we all had a great time and appreciated the effort you put into have a whole weekend of festivity for your guests.

Stay tuned! Next up on the blog will be a Smithers post: we were there for an extra long weekend just this past May long!

No comments:

Post a Comment