Sunday, June 19, 2016

it's almost july

Before you know it, we are almost into the month of July! Time really does fly. It seems like just yesterday we got married; now it is closer to our anniversary than the actual wedding date! People always ask "how married life is" these days - and it's great. I get to hang out with my best friend all the time and we have tons of fun together. He makes me coffee every morning, and that makes me a happy wife!

In July it is both Edwin and my dads birthdays. For Edwins, we might be going on a little road trip South of the border (more to come on that). For my dads [60th!!!] birthday, we are going up to Osoyoos as a family. We rented a [dog-friendly] condo and will swim in the lake, lounge in the sun, drink beer, and make curry for Murray on his birthday. I'm looking forward to these events!!

Here are some things we've been up to lately:

- we hosted our first ever BBQ with our first ever BBQ! (even though it was pouring rain yesterday) We bought one last weekend, tested it during the week (by making grilled prawns - so good) and then had friends over last night for burgers. Success!
- I had nachos with Heidi, Lindsay & Christina on Thursday evening. This is a tradition we've had for quite some time now, and I love it. I have known Heidi & Christina since kindergarten, which means for 25 years, and Lindsay for 17 years.
- Makai turned one today! We attended his first birthday party, superhero style. He is adorable and already walking!! I took a few pictures but unfortunately none turned out great to post here :(
- the stitches from my second gum graft have come out already, which is great. They were getting pretty irritating... I have a follow-up on Thursday to make sure all is good. Hopefully no need for more!!
- I am taking my daddio to sushi for dinner tomorrow night to celebrate Father's Day. No one else in the family likes sushi, so we had our usual Sunday dinner at my parents today since everyone was around. (to be fair, Jen does like sushi but she is not close!)

What have you been up to lately? Tell me! Also, please tell me if you have any cool ideas for me to blog about.... as you probably know, my blogging volume has been on the decline lately. (only 18 posts so far in 2016!) It would be much appreciated :)

Happy Sunday evening - hope everyone had a great Father's Day & weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment