Sunday, October 9, 2016

happy thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving, there are so many things to be thankful for. There are lots of things to be thankful for on a regular basis - I need to try to post more of these kind of things. Here are just a few things I am thankful for these days.

1. Family to celebrate & be thankful with. Tonight Edwin & I are going to my parents with my grandparents and aunt, uncle and 2 cousins. Tomorrow, we are going to my cousins with a bunch of aunts, uncles cousins, and dogs. (I'll try to take some photos to put on here later this week!) 

2. A dog that is like ours when we want to pretend we have one. My parents dog (Odie) is always available to take for walks. I am thankful that we don't live very far from my parents and can just go get him as needed! He is our dog-on-demand. We love him!

This is him after one of our walks recently. Hopefully he was tired and calm that night!

3. Best friends who have adorable babies. Lindsay & Andrew had Olivia on Monday, October 3. She is just way too precious!! I could snuggle her all day!

Olivia is 1 day old here in the hospital.
4. Fun outings on weekends with the fam. My dad, bro, Edwin & I went to the Mariners game last weekend in Seattle for a day trip. We went to a pub for dinner first, and then watched the game. (the Mariners lost sadly) I am not a huge baseball fan but I AM a fan of adventures, road trips, fun food, and my family.



Seats in the nose bleeds
 5. My mom who had a birthday recently. Happy birthday momma!! We celebrated with dinner at our house. I made her favorite soup - French onion - which I happen to love as well. (like mother like daughter....) We had pasta for dinner followed by apple pie as a birthday cake. Sadly I didn't take any pictures!! (I wasn't feeling so hot this past week with a cold, my mind must have been a bit foggy)

6. An extra day off work.Who isn't thankful for an extra day to sleep in and rest?!



7.  My sister coming home soon. Yay! Albeit only for a very short time for a medical appointment, but nonetheless, if we can at least have dinner as a family one night, I'll be happy!

A selfie of us at my bachelorette party :)
I hope everyone has a great long weekend full of friends, family, and food! Bring on the STUFFING! (I don't eat turkey, but I looooove stuffing. My mom makes some outside of the bird for me. Best mom ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment