We had a great time in Dubai! Here are my top 5 favorite things about our trip to the UAE:
- The food: did you see that one coming?! It is a mix of Indian food and mediterannean food. This translates to lots of spice, lentils, and flavor. I loved it all!
- The heat: it was around 35 every day there, which was manageable. Plus, everywhere indoors is majorly air conditioned! This was not even their hot season. I can't imagine what hot season feels like!
- The beaches: they are typical white sand, blue water beaches with awesome little food trucks and beautiful views. Our favorite, Jumireah Beach, had a view of the Burj Al Arab!
- The fanciness/grandiose-ness of everything: hotels are so luxurious, cars are so fancy, the malls are the biggest in the world etc. It is hard to not be fascinated by that!
- The culture: this sounds generic, but it is always so intriguing to see a completely different culture. This was so different than anything I'd ever seen! The mosques and the call to prayer 5 times a day is really interesting to read about.
Here are some photos for you!
|Have you ever flown with Emirates? I hadn't, and it was amazing. The food was pretty good for airplane food!|
|At the spice market - so colorful! I wanted to buy lots of things, but unfortunately you can't bring dried fruit etc. home.|
|I bought gold earrings! There was SO much gold. Crazy. Had to restrain myself...|
|At Jumireah Beach|
|My fave place to be!|
|Yup, that is me riding a camel!|
|I love this photo. Might be a framer!|
|We took a day trip to Oman, where we went on a boat trip. It has these beautiful rocky mountains on the edge of the blue water. We boated to a bay and swam around, had lunch, went on a banana boat, etc. It was one of my favorite tours we did!|
|Again, in my fave place, the water! See how blue the water is? Hard to tell in a photo!!|
|Edwin in front of the Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building. (fun fact - burj means tower!)|
|This had to be one of my favorite places to see as well. The Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It is so incredibly white, clean, and grand! As you see, I had to be very covered in loose clothing to be permitted in.|
People keep asking "would you go back again?" and my answer is yes! It was a beautiful place with tons of unique culture and lots to do. However, I think I would rather go somewhere new and somewhere I've never been before! Edwin & I have lots of places on the good ol' bucket list... where do you want to go next?! Have I inspired you to check out the middle East at all?