Thursday, May 11, 2017

Dubai

It has been almost 3 weeks since we've been home from Dubai. I've been meaning to blog so much earlier than this, but I feel like I don't even know where to start with this trip! We have so many photos that it takes a while to go through them, plus getting back into the swing of normal life can be a bit hectic after a lovely, long vacation. (#reality)

We had a great time in Dubai! Here are my top 5 favorite things about our trip to the UAE:
- The food: did you see that one coming?! It is a mix of Indian food and mediterannean food. This translates to lots of spice, lentils, and flavor. I loved it all!
- The heat: it was around 35 every day there, which was manageable. Plus, everywhere indoors is majorly air conditioned! This was not even their hot season. I can't imagine what hot season feels like!
- The beaches: they are typical white sand, blue water beaches with awesome little food trucks and beautiful views. Our favorite, Jumireah Beach, had a view of the Burj Al Arab!
- The fanciness/grandiose-ness of everything: hotels are so luxurious, cars are so fancy, the malls are the biggest in the world etc. It is hard to not be fascinated by that!
- The culture: this sounds generic, but it is always so intriguing to see a completely different culture. This was so different than anything I'd ever seen! The mosques and the call to prayer 5 times a day is really interesting to read about.

Here are some photos for you! 

Have you ever flown with Emirates? I hadn't, and it was amazing. The food was pretty good for airplane food!

At the spice market - so colorful! I wanted to buy lots of things, but unfortunately you can't bring dried fruit etc. home.

I bought gold earrings! There was SO much gold. Crazy. Had to restrain myself...

At Jumireah Beach

My fave place to be!


Yup, that is me riding a camel!

I love this photo. Might be a framer!

We took a day trip to Oman, where we went on a boat trip. It has these beautiful rocky mountains on the edge of the blue water. We boated to a bay and swam around, had lunch, went on a banana boat, etc. It was one of my favorite tours we did!

Again, in my fave place, the water! See how blue the water is? Hard to tell in a photo!!

Edwin in front of the Burj Khalifa, the worlds tallest building. (fun fact - burj means tower!)

This had to be one of my favorite places to see as well. The Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi. It is so incredibly white, clean, and grand! As you see, I had to be very covered in loose clothing to be permitted in.

People keep asking "would you go back again?" and my answer is yes! It was a beautiful place with tons of unique culture and lots to do. However, I think I would rather go somewhere new and somewhere I've never been before! Edwin & I have lots of places on the good ol' bucket list... where do you want to go next?! Have I inspired you to check out the middle East at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment