Sunday, May 28, 2017

happy summer!

Things have escalated quickly around here temperature wise, as you  may already know! Here is what we have been up to lately. Warning: it involves a lot of Chucho photos!

This is our blood donation crew. We've all been going together for the last few donations, and it makes it so much more fun to go as a group! It's almost a social event this way. And you know me, where there is social-ness, I am there! My dad, Edwin, me, Eliza, Justin & their son Kalan (who REALLY enjoys the juice & cookies)


Chucho also donated blood a few weeks ago! My cousin Meryl works at the Animal Emergency Clinic of the Fraser Valley and she let me know that they have a blood donation program for dogs. Chucho met the 50 pound criteria, so we signed him up. This is him wearing his proud bandana afterwards. He also got an adorable little bandage but I didn't get a great photo of it!

Reading books with some of favorite twins, Julia & Harrison

Edwin & I took Chucho to Cultas Lake over the long weekend as we read that they had a part of the lake sectioned off for dogs to swim in. Turns out, Chucho avoided the water like the plague! We thought he might be a swimming dog... we were wrong. But it was beautiful there!

JC is in town! Yesterday, her, me, Chucho, Edwin & JC's fiancee Cristian went on a hike at Golden Ears Provincial Park. We did the Lower Falls Trail, which was BEAUTIFUL! (and quite flat - my hiking requirement) You hike to the waterfall you see in the above photo, which is much more grandiose in person.

Chucho enjoying the view

There are lots of areas where you can go down to the stream and sit by the rocks. So pretty!!

Chucho has been a great motivator to get out and do things outdoors - it has been so good for us. We will definitely be going back to Golden Ears, and maybe hopping into Alouette Lake. (well, I will.... not Chucho!) Hope you are enjoying these warm days - and don't forget your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment